11 February, 2009

Happy Monkeys


Last night we watched a Nova special on PBS about evolution.
The town of Dover was the focus. Their school board bought new books that taught "Intelligent Design" or creationism and pushed aside Darwin's theory. The "Christian" townspeople send death threats to people who fought against the new curriculum. How is that Christian?

As a Mormon we believe in the Bible, we study the account in Genesis of the creation. But, I think we have to be able to intermingle our faith with science. Is that possible? I'm curious what they teach at BYU.

I want my kids to be able to think for themselves and not be offended by others beliefs. I want them to know why they think what they think. I want them to express their beliefs, faith, and knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment